- From my vantage point I see:
- men cheating on their wives
- pastors dishonored due to porn addictions or sex scandals
- families racking up debt to chase stuff for today
- marriages abandoned
- children neglected
- escaping the problems of this world through alcohol, gambling, social networking, sex, porn, entertainment, video games, internet browsing…
- From my chair in the corner of the world, I’ve observed that many lack perseverance. Many lack the desire to press on. Perhaps most just didn’t have anyone to lead them in the way of perseverance.
- I think my dad’s favorite word is perseverance. Keep on, keepin’-on. Approach life with a “bulldog tenacity – hold on and don’t let go”. Of the many lessons he’s attempted to instill in me over my formative and adult years, the need to continue to put one foot in front of the other has been ingrained.
- I’m very thankful for that teaching from my dad. I wish to become more persevering. I hope to challenge others to persevere as well.
- That is my hope for this blog. That we, together, might challenge each other to:
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” KJV
“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” NIV
“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” ESV
- Philippians 3:14